Changes in the communication system is the name of the eighth mission the Rock Sector's main base offers the player.
Wait some time after taking the mission before of the main base, to get this job offered.
Mission details and completion Edit
The base is holding an experiment which would allow to establish courier communication.
The gravitational communications require a lot of power consumption. If the communications are provided by mechminds, it will be able to save up on energy. The player should take and deliver some infopacks about the experiment to the following buildings:
- Raw Materials Base
- Climate actuator
- Extracting system 1
- Extracting system 2
- Half-stock plant
- Manufacturing plant
- Expendables plants
After having the responds of every building, bring them back to the main base to complete this mission. Every building has a different opinion about the experiment, some negative and some positive, but they all agree with it. This means that the experiment was a success and courier communication will soon become wide-spread.
As reward the player will receive 5000 energy crystals for completing this job.
Ending this mission will unlock the next mission of the main base.
Ways to fail the mission Edit
There is no way to fail the mission.
Responses of the buildingsEdit
Every building the player must visit will have following different responses for the main base:
- Raw Materials Base:
- "The transfer of data by courier communication will be better than by gravi-ray. It is slower but much cheaper. My response is positive."
- Climate actuator:
- "I have been considering this option of data transfer for a long time now. Gravitation communication interferes with the natural balance. Plus it often causes failure of many of my low-power units. I agree with the bases proposal."
- Extracting system 1:
- "I do not care how the data is transferred. The extracting systems seldom use communication. For instance, the last time we transferred data was 80,000 hours ago. But you can never have too much power so I agree with the bases proposal; the courier communication is better."
- Extracting system 2:
- "The means of data transfer are of no interest to me. The bottom line is that the information must be received. I agree with the proposal of the main base."
- Manufacturing plant:
- "I think that the courier communication will increase the rate of resource exchange. I agree with the bases proposal."
- Manufacturing plant:
- "The experiment conducted by the main base is very interesting. I assume that if there is a chance to deliver an infopack (which basically weighs nothing), and receive power units in exchange, many mechminds will readily become couriers. Especially the Trances who will be able to simultaneously ship cargo. This will be very useful. My response is positive."
- Expendables plant:
- "I do not care about the amount of energy spent on data transfer, but I think that the courier communication will expedite the resource exchange process. This is a progressive decision, I agree with the base proposal."
- Warning headphone users: Accepting this mission, the game will try to place seven bearings at once to the map, which will make a loud sound.